Monday, December 2, 2013

A recipe to share!

Hey gang, whenever I try out a recipe and it is an immediate hit, I have to share it.  Tonight I had three teenagers, a 4 year old, and a picky husband at the table, and every single one of them cleaned their plate.  And to make it even better, the recipe was super easy!  So what did I make? An easy pork tenderloin, with roast potatoes and easy green beans.

So the recipe for pork:  cut the fat of the tenderloin, and garnish with salt and pepper(I used the sea salt and four pepper mix from Epicure), and then cover it in flour, and shake off any excess.  Heat 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil in a skillet and brown the tenderloin on all sides.  Remove from heat and put it in a baking dish that is not much bigger than the tenderloin.

In a bowl, mix one bottle of russian(I used Catalina dressing), a package of onion soup mix(I used Epicure 3 onion) and 3/4 cup of honey.  Pour the mixture over the meat, covering all sides.  Bake, covered in tinfoil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, basting the meat every 10 minutes.  Then remove the tinfoil and bake for another 30 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle.  It would have been good with rice, as there was some leftover sauce...I did the green beans with a bit of lemon dill(from Epicure), and I did the roast potatoes with some olive oil and the cheese, chives and bacon spice from Epicure....but all these things can be done with whatever you like!  So easy, and like I said, everyone loved it!  Enjoy!
And I forgot a picture, but the meat did look like this with the sauce:



No comments:

Post a Comment