Monday, October 14, 2013

Awesome Monday!

I am continuing my series of wonderful East Coast talent with two photographers that I have come to love.  Jack Ronalds hails from Port Hawkesbury, Cape Breton, and his photos highlight the beauty of the surrounding areas, the events that happen there, and the people that live there as well.  I fell in love with his photos many years ago, but I think now that I live so far away I appreciate his talent even more.  I love when he goes out for a day to a different area and posts his photos on his Facebook page.  Here is the link to his page so you can have a look for yourself. https://www.facebook.com/jack.ronalds?fref=ts.  His pictures are on many walls across Canada, and make wonderful gifts for loved ones who have moved away from  Cape Breton, or those who have been there and fell in love.  Here are two favourites of mine.


And Steve Rankin also hails from Cape Breton, and is actually from the same small village that I am from, Mabou.  I am not sure how long he has been into photography, but I only just discovered him about a  year ago, and he had me as a fan from the very first pictures that he posted on his Facebook page as well.  I love his play with light, and the way he can take a picture of an area that I have seen 1000 times, and make it look different.  He has a real talent, and I am so glad he now shares it with the world. Here is the link to his photography page on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/SteveRankinPhotography?fref=ts  And here are two of my favourite pics that Steve has taken.

I hope if this is the first time you have seen their work that you will fall in love as much as I have. Enjoy!

1 comment: